The top five benefits of receiving prenatal chiropractic care would have to be the following:
- Back Pain Relief: First and foremost, back pain relief. We do this by addressing the changes in the spine’s posture due to the weight gain from a growing baby.
- Easing Pregnancy Symptoms: A second important benefit would have to be easing pregnancy symptoms such as nausea and vomiting by creating less stress intention on the nervous system. Chiropractic care can help alleviate these symptoms.
- Improved Nervous System and Immune System Function: Chiropractic care also allows the nervous system to function without interference, especially when we are discussing the immune system and its function. This is critical during pregnancy. Chiropractic research objectively states an improvement in immune system function, post adjustment. So as the old saying goes: healthy mom, healthy baby.
- Better Positioning for the Baby: A fourth benefit would have to be better positioning for the baby. Good lumbar spine and pelvic alignment, low back and hip alignment allows for an easier passage through the birthing canal.
- Shortened Labor Times: Research states that essentially we can shorten labor times by around 25% on average for moms that are under chiropractic care, through gestation, compared to moms that are not.